Breast Tomosynthesis is now FDA approved
Hologic has been at the forefront of the industry's transformation from analog to digital mammography. Now we have taken another significant leap forward with the introduction of Selenia® Dimensions®, the first commercially available tool to deliver on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis.
This newest addition to Hologic's family of breast imaging solutions delivers the exceptional digital breast images you've come to expect from Hologic and takes you to the next level in breast imaging technology. For the first time ever, you can offer your patients breast tomosynthesis - an extraordinary innovation poised to revolutionize how breast cancer is detected today.
Our flexible Selenia Dimensions platform may be tailored to your needs, allowing you to start with a system that has both traditional digital mammography and breast tomosynthesis or with a digital mammography only system that can easily be configured for tomosynthesis imaging with a simple software installation.
Selenia Dimensions delivers:
- Exceptionally sharp images for visualization of the finest details.
- Ground-breaking tomosynthesis (3D) technology for diagnostic performance with optimal workflow efficiencies.
- One-touch control for seamless, instantaneous transition between imaging modes:
- full-field digital mammography (2D imaging)
- tomosynthesis (3D imaging)
- or "combo-mode" imaging (2D+3D imaging), Hologic's unique feature that quickly acquires a traditional digital mammogram and a tomosynthesis scan in the same compression.1
- Advanced user tools to simplify operation and enable higher patient throughput.
- Sophisticated, ergonomic features specifically developed to assure the well-being of the patient.
1 A screening exam consists of a digital mammogram and breast tomosynthesis image set