The Sertera biopsy device, the newest member of Hologic’s ultrasound-guided breast biopsy family, is a revolutionary core needle biopsy device. Its lightweight and ergonomic design enables ease of use. In the initial trial, 95% of physicians stated the Sertera biopsy device was easy to arm and fire and allowed for one-handed operation. Also, 7 out of 10 physicians felt it resulted in greater accuracy and increased their procedure confidence.1
The Sertera biopsy device is a disposable, core needle biopsy device available in multiple gauge sizes. Featuring a pre-fire option, the device provides reassurance that the needle aperture is directly visualized under ultrasound. Special features provide the following benefits:
• HandForm design enables one-handed operation
• Ergonomic and lightweight device fits comfortably in a variety of hand sizes
• Two firing modes provide precise control, allowing you to confidently verify sampling area
• Unique needle design supports acquisition of large representative tissue samples in as few needle passes as possible
• Pre-fire option for an easier approach to difficult-to-access lesions
Sertera biopsy device:
• Gauge: 12 gauge & 14 gauge.
• Length: 11.5 cm.
• Aperture: 19 mm.
1. Data collected from 100 cases performed at various sites using
the Sertera biopsy device
12-gauge and 14-gauge introducer sets for use with the Sertera biopsy device feature a luer fitting for a secure fit and smooth transition during marker deployment and a quick-release thumb latch that allows for anesthetic delivery with aspiration option.