Looking Out for Our Employees
Hologic’s commitment to promoting healthy lives is embedded in our workplace culture.
We strive every day to provide an environment for our employees that will protect them from safety risks and incidents.
Our operational efforts to improve our workplace environment include initiatives to reduce waste, increase productivity and improve safety, which together reduce the risk and cost of lost workday incidents. From 2015 to 2016, Hologic’s global total recordable incident and global lost workday incident frequency decreased.
What We’ve Accomplished
At Hologic, we promote health and safety both within our organization through responsible policies and practices and outside our organization by maintaining environmental compliance in the communities where we operate.
We are making progress in several of our global locations, which serve as models for the rest of the company. For example:
- Our Manchester, England, facility had a 50% reduction in employee injuries and safety incidents due to an increase in hazard reporting.
- Our Newark, Delaware, location has implemented an automated parts-cleaning process that has reduced potential exposure to arsenic and selenium.
- Our Danbury, Connecticut; Londonderry, New Hampshire; and Costa Rica sites have implemented internationally recognized safety and environmental management systems.
- In Costa Rica, the environmental, health and safety (EH&S) team leads monthly EH&S promotions to increase awareness at the site.
- We developed a global safety policy and are striving for 100% employee commitment.
Our Work Isn’t Finished
To advance our global health and safety programs, we plan to establish a Hologic Executive Health and Safety Council. The Council will oversee efforts to improve operational effectiveness and build consistency around environmental health and safety reporting globally. We will work to improve reporting on near misses and hazards to drive a year-over-year reduction in the Total Recordable Incident Rate and Lost Workday Incident Rate. And, to be sure our efforts are not only executed consistently but communicated consistently, we will integrate a communications plan to keep all employees engaged and updated on our progress throughout the year.
Our operational efforts to improve our workplace environment include initiatives to reduce waste, increase productivity and improve safety.