The ATEC breast biopsy system is a proven solution with fast tissue acquisition that minimizes patient pain, providing physicians a platform to deliver compassionate care in a safe, accurate and efficient way.1
The ATEC system is:
- Tissue acquisition occurs every 4.5 seconds, typically lasts less than 30 seconds total.1
- Easily delivers local anesthetic without interruption.
- Saline lavage and constant aspiration assists in consistent core retrieval.
- Closed system reduces contamination risk.
- Fully disposable device and tubing minimizes staff and patient exposure to biohazard.
- Simple one minute set-up and clean-up.
- No software required for user to program or operate the console.
Learn more. Download the brochure.
- Helps ensure consistent retrieval of high-quality tissue samples. This feature has also been shown to reduce the rate of hematoma occurrence by 25% as well as a reduction in average size of hematoma.1
- Enables physicians to automatically or manually deliver local anesthetic directly to the biopsy site without interrupting the procedure.
Standard ATEC biopsy device
- Gauge: 9 or 12 gauge
- Length: 9 or 12 cm
- Aperture: 20 mm
Petite ATEC biopsy device: designed to work with a minimum compression of 22 mm
- Gauge: 9 gauge
- Length:9 or 12 cm
- Aperture: 12 mm
1. Data on file with Hologic.