About Image Analytics
Hologic offers a range of software options that help you maximize the value of your Hologic mammography portfolio, including the following post-processing applications.
C-View synthesized 2D software
- C-View software is Hologic’s FDA-approved solution to replace FFDM within a combined tomosynthesis screening exam. C–View software’s 2D image is designed to be different. Our advanced algorithm takes high quality tomosynthesis data and instantly generates 2D images designed to enhance details such as bright spots and linear structures, while minimizing tissue overlap.
Hologic Low Dose 3D Mammography™ exam powered by C-View software:Clinically proven to increase invasive cancer detection2-6 and decrease recall rates2,4,5,6,7 compared with 2D alone—just like our original 3D™ mammogram. C-View software progresses early breast cancer detection further by generating a 2D image directly from the tomosynthesis data, lowering patient radiation dose and compression time, with the added benefit of greater patient comfort.
ImageChecker® CAD software
- ImageChecker CAD software, which identifies regions of interest on mammography images to help minimize observational oversights by the radiologist, potentially decreases false negative readings.
- Identifies regions of interest on mammography images in order to assist the radiologist.
- Analyzes and marks suspicious masses and clusters of calcifications.
- Displays markings on SecurView® and PACS workstations; also compatible with other diagnostic workstations.
Quantra™ breast density assessment software
- Quantra breast density assessment software provides an objective method of assessing a patient’s breast density. This is critical for women with dense breasts, because higher breast density is known to increase a woman's risk for breast cancer.1
- Quantra breast density assessment software is a machine-learning algorithm that analyzes each patient's pattern and texture to provide an unbiased breast density assessment. This information includes the Quantra Density Category, which is consistent with the four breast composition categories of the ACR BIRADS® Atlas, Fifth Edition.*
- Enables viewing of results on SecurView and other diagnostic workstations; also compatible with some mammography reporting systems.
- Compatible with images acquired from a Genius™ 3D Mammography™2 exam.
*Quantra breast density assessment software version 2.2 is FDA cleared and pending commercial availability.
References: 1. FDA PMA submission P080003/S001 physician labeling. 2. Skaane P, Bandos AI, Eben EB, et al. Two-view digital breast tomosynthesis screening with synthetically reconstructed projection images: comparison with digital breast tomosynthesis with full-field digital mammographic images. Radiology, 2014 Jun;271(3):655-63. 3. Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M et al. "Breast Cancer Screening with Tomosynthesis with Acquired or Synthetic 2D Mammography Alone (STORM-2): A Population-Based Prospective Study" Lancet Oncology. epub 2016 Jun 23. 4. Durand M, Raghu M, Geisel J, et al. “Synthesized 2D Mammography + Tomosynthesis: Can We See Clearly?” Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, IL, December 2015. 5. Choi J, Han B, Ko E, et al. “Comparison with Two-Dimensional Synthetic Mammography Reconstructed from Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and Full Field Digital Mammography for the Detection of T1 Breast Cancer.” European Radiology. Epub 2015 Dec. 6. Zuley M, Guo B, Catullo V, et al. “Comparison of Two-dimensional Synthesized Mammograms versus Original Digital Mammograms Alone and in Combination with Tomosynthesis Images.” Radiology. 2014 Jun;271(3):664-71. Epub 2014 Jan 21. 7. Zuckerman S, Conant E, Weinstein S, et al. “Impact on Recall Rates Following Implementation of Synthesized 2D Mammography in Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Screening.” Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, IL, December 2015. 8. FDA 510(k) K163623. 9. Understanding Quantra™ (Version 2.2) User Manual
Magnified views of the CAD marks from previous image
DICOM Conformance Statements
Cenova™ Cyber Security Product Report
Cenova™ MDS2 Sheet
Enterprise Cybersecurity Best Practices
Want Image Slider on Tab Click