Better detection. Clinically superior. Low dose.**
What if we could find breast cancers earlier? See lesions more clearly? Reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies?
Questions like these inspired Hologic researchers and scientists to develop Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. With the introduction of Selenia Dimensions, we launched the first commercially available system that delivers on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis.
Over half of the U.S. News and World Report top 20 cancer hospitals offer Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. More than five million women to date in the United States have already been screened with this life-changing technology, which is now available in 50 states and in over 50 countries.
Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam: Simply a better mammogram.
Hologic has always been at the forefront of breast cancer screening and offers the first breast tomosynthesis technology with proven superior clinical performance to 2D mammography.1,4 The revolutionary Selenia Dimensions system, which has set the standard in mammography screening, provides:
- Exceptionally sharp images.
- Seamless transition between imaging modes.
- Sophisticated user tools that simplify operation.
- Advanced clinical applications.
- The world's first and only tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
- Ergonomic design for patient comfort and ease of operation.
In addition, the Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam offers the only breast tomosynthesis technology with the following advantages over 2D mammography, proving that not all tomo is the same:
- Proven to detect 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.1
- Proven to reduce callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.2-3
- FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2,4
Fast, low dose and clinically superior, compared to 2D. 3D Mammography™ exams: Powered by C-View™ software.
Hologic has further advanced breast cancer screening by producing 2D images from breast tomosynthesis data using C-View software, resulting in a Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with superior clinical performance compared with 2D alone.4
This Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is performed in a rapid 3.7-second scan time for greater patient comfort and low patient dose, due to the elimination of 2D X-ray exposures. The synthetic 2D images and 3D™ slices are reviewed together to make clinical decisions or diagnoses part of the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ screening exam.
The Selenia Dimensions system is available in multiple packages and options to meet your facility's unique needs, all without compromising clinical performance:
- Selenia Dimensions 3000 - The evergreen 2D system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features at an attractive price. Plus, the Selenia Dimensions system 3000 package offers the agility to evolve with you.
- Selenia Dimensions 3D™ Performance System - The 3D™ system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features, as well as the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, at an attractive price.
- Selenia Dimensions 6000 - The 2D/3D™ system that redefines ergonomics, matched with the perfect balance of enhanced workflow features, taking your performance to the next level.
- Selenia Dimensions 9000 - The premium 2D/3D™ system that delivers on high performance through its outstanding, optimal ergonomics and elevated, intelligent workflow features that amplify your performance.
Streamlining workflow, the Selenia Dimensions system performs the imaging of tomorrow, today. All configurations offer the following features.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D™ imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle™ system:
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D™ imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample source-to-image distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Multiple procedure modes:
- 2D mammography
- Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- 3D Mammography™ only
- 2D or 3D™ biopsy with the Affirm® breast biopsy guidance system
- I-View™ software for contrast enhanced 2D imaging
Each system is capable of interventional procedures using the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system. The system offers both stereotactic and 3D™ biopsy procedure options.*
*Additional purchase may be required.
**Better detection and clinical superiority claims are in comparison to 2D mammography alone.
The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam (a.k.a. Genius™ exam) is acquired on the Hologic® 3D Mammography™ system and consists of a 2D and 3D™ image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired 2D image or a 2D image generated from the 3D™ image set.
The Genius™ exam is only available on the Hologic® 3D Mammography™ System. Please consult your physician for a full list of benefits and risks associated with mammography.
Reference: 1. Results from Friedewald, SM, et al. "Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography." JAMA 311.24 (2014): 2499-2507; a multi-site (13), non-randomized, historical control study of 454,000 screening mammograms investigating the initial impact the introduction of the Hologic Selenia® Dimensions® on screening outcomes. Individual results may vary. The study found an average 41% increase and that 1.2 (95% CI: 0.8-1.6) additional invasive breast cancers per 1,000 screening exams were found in women receiving combined 2D FFDM and 3D™ mammograms acquired with the Hologic 3D Mammography™ system versus women receiving 2D FFDM mammograms only. 2. Freidewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, Durand MA, Plecha DM, Greenberg JS, Hayes MK, Copit DS, Carlson KL, Cink TM, Carke LD, Greer LN, Miller DP, Conant EF, Breast Cancer Screening Using Tomosynthesis in Combination with Digital Mammography, JAMA June 25, 2014. 3. Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, et al. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Aug;17(8):1105-13. 4. FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005
Dr. Curry on 3D Mammography™
Hear why Dr. Curry recommends breast cancer screening with Hologic 3D Mammography™ exams for all patients.
Dr. Rose on Hologic 3D Mammagraphy™
Hear Dr. Rose share how he was able to better visualize an architectural distortion.
Dr. Lipsit on Hologic 3D Mammagraphy™
Hear Dr. Lipsit share how images from the Hologic 3D Mammography™ system clears area of concern, but finds cancer not seen in 2D mammogram.
Dr. Michell on Hologic 3D Mammography™
Hear Dr. Michell's first-hand experience on how breast cancer screening with Hologic 3D Mammography™ exams find cancers missed with conventional 2D mammography.
Applied Radiology - 2012
Hologic 3D Mammography™ enables definitive identification of unsuspected lesions in multifocal or multicentric cancers, decreasing the need for second-look US and post-MRI biopsy.
Applied Radiology - 2013
Tomosynthesis finds invasive lobular carcinoma not visible on 2D mammography.